Monday, August 4, 2008

Being thankful... (Journal Entry)

8:37 am - Today I got up around 7:30am to eat. Breakfast was just rolls of bread. I was so disappointed because when I first saw the tupperware it looked like rolex were inside. Rolex are chapati with fried egg on it rolled up like a wrap. Anyhow, when I opened the lid and saw that it was just bread rolls I was so FLESHY. I grabbed a couple and made some chai (minus the masala) and took them to my room to eat bread while reading the Bread of Life (Word). Ironically (well, not really, considering how big and awesome our God is) one of the things I read in Ephesians 4 and 5 this morning was about being THANKFUL. Actually, even before I read it I was convicted and repenting because of the sermon I just taught yesterday on Philippians 4:4-7, verse 6 being about prayer with thanksgiving. But after reading it several more times this morning the conviction and repentance became sincere and God gave me His grace to overcome the flesh. I actually enjoyed the bread rolls and chai and even went back for seconds. Yesterday, when I went with Michael to where he lives, I sat in his “tukul” with him and talked. After a few minutes his sister brought us two Cokes! I forgot how much I like lukewarm African Coke. It was sooooo good. It’s the first one I’ve had this week in Nimule. I hope to go with Michael to get my passport stamped today, and then to the market.

No comments: