Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh for goodness sake!

I just realized that there are many of you who don't yet know a significant little piece of news about us yet. I'll tell you a funny little story to share the news...

This past Sunday we attended Calvary Chapel Ramona and saw some friends from our old fellowship. I realized that we hadn't told them our news yet, so I preceded to share with them. I said, "Janice, I don't think we've told you this yet, but Carrie is pregnant again." To which she somberly replied, "Oh for goodness sake!" She immediately caught herself and said, "Sorry, I guess I should be saying congratualtions." I knew that she meant no harm and was only shocked by the news (as were we) so I told her, "Don't worry Janice, that's the same reaction we both had when we found out." We all had a laugh over it.

So, if you didn't know... we're pregnant again! Now if you're like 99% of the people we've shared this with so far... no we didn't plan for this, yes we took precautions to prevent this, oh well. So hold back your "Oh for goodness sake!" and try the "Congratulations!". Even better, how about a, "We'll be praying for you even more!"

No comments: