Thursday, December 6, 2007

Safe and Sound and Naked in Los Angeles

We made it safely to LAX about one hour later than expected on Wednesday, December 5th. Unfortunately British Airways "misplaced" the two pieces of luggage with ALL of the kids' clothes and Carrie's clothes (except for a couple pair of shoes). So we're safe and sound and staying with my grandpa and his wife in Hawthorne. My wife and kids have a choice of wearing my clothes or going naked! Just kidding. As of now we're washing their clothes while we sleep each night and re-wearing the same clothes each day. The British Airways agent at LAX said that they cannot offer any financial help for clothing at the airport, but that we'd have to contact "Customer Relations" in New York and gave me their business card. WHAT A JOKE! Anyhow, I don't want to get fleshy and irritated again. I'm done with that. What's important is that we're here, we're safe, we have at least one set of clothes, and our family is feeding us well! I even convinced them to turn the heater on for us because, believe it or not, Southern California feels VERY COLD to us compared to Kigoma! Bwana asifiwe!

No comments: