Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving Thanks

First and always... thank you Jesus. To quote some famous lyrics, "You didn't have to love me like you did, but you did, but you did, and I thank you." You didn't have to leave your throne, set aside your glory, release your grasp on the honor and power of equality with God. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to come as a helpless baby boy, humbly born in a cow's feeding trough. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to submit to imperfect parents and humbly learn and grow under their care. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to humbly submit to the symbol of baptism. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to raise the dead, heal the sick, give sight to the blind, strength to the lame, speech to the mute, freedom to the demon possessed. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to patiently explain the truth. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to humbly demonstrate the truth in your every word and deed. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to suffer personal persecution and hatred from the very souls you give life to, the very lungs you give breath to, the very hearts you allow to beat. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to be beaten, mocked, spat upon, abused, and tortured. BUT YOU DID IT FOR ME, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to WILLINGLY go to the cross and WILLINGLY offer yourself as The Lamb of God, slain for MY SIN. BUT YOU DID IT FOR ME, and I THANK YOU. You didn't have to send Your Spirit to guide me into the Truth of Your Word. BUT YOU DID, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to intercede for me even now. BUT YOU DO, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to love me even now, even when I fail You, argue with Your Word, question Your authority, and run like Jonah from Your instructions and requests. BUT YOU DO, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to finish the work You started in me. BUT YOU WILL, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to snatch me away from the great day of tribulation and judgment to come. BUT YOU WILL, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to reward me for my obedience, seeing that the very will to obey and knowledge of how to do so comes from Your Grace in my life and Your Spirit in my heart. BUT YOU WILL, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to let me live forever with You in glory. BUT YOU WILL, and I THANK YOU. You don't have to CONTINUE TO WAIT FOR THOSE I LOVE SO MUCH WHO HAVE NOT YET CALLED UPON YOUR NAME FOR SALVATION. BUT YOU WILL, and I THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

If you just read that and completely understand my honest and sincere expression of thanks, THANK YOU JESUS! Please post a comment to let me know what you are thankful to Jesus for.

If you read those words and you're not sure what the big deal is or even what some of those items of thankfulness were all about... please post a comment and ask so I can tell you!

Have this mind among yourselves, which was also in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:5-11

1 comment:

tinateasley said...

Praise God! He is truly amazing!

It seems by the way I complain the list of trials I have should be endless but they really are few compared to all the joys God has brought into my life.

When I really sit back and think of how the God of all creation would take the time to have a relationship and be personal with me, to give me gifts, talents, children, friends, love, laughter, family and most importantly His Son, His presence and His peace... then I know I have nothing to complain about.

Isn't God and His love truly amazing?

You asked for your readers to post something they are thankful for and right now I am thankful that God would let our paths cross and I thank you for letting your light shine so bright for Jesus from Tanzania all the way over here where I am in California. Thanks for being so ...... bright :)

(p.s. I'm Theria's daughter. My husband and I have been praying for you guys and can't wait to meet you when you come out to New Wine)